Joseph W. Montgomery, Esq.
Special Education Attorney
email: [email protected]
direct dial: 215-650-7563
Joseph Montgomery earned his J.D. Degree from Widener University School of Law. While at Widener, Joseph completed the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program. Further, Joseph successfully competed in Alternative Dispute Resolution competitions and was a valuable member of his law school’s rugby team. Perhaps most notably, Joseph completed a semester of law school in Chongqinq, China where he acted as an international ambassador for Widener Law at the Southwest University of Politics and Law (SWUPL – 西南政法大学). Widener Law honored Mr. Montgomery with the outstanding service award as well as the pro bono distinction for his work in the community.
Mr. Montgomery soon joined the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, where he prosecuted criminals for many successful years, spending most every day battling in court rooms. Mr. Montgomery believed that in starting his own practice, he could be more effective in helping people deal with specific legal issues, particularly education related.
Mr. Montgomery founded Montgomery Law, LLC. Montgomery Law has allowed Mr. Montgomery to fully realize his passion for helping children and families at all levels of litigation and protection. He regularly teaches and lectures on the topic of special education law to groups of parents, educators, attorneys and other professionals. Montgomery enjoys aviation and is an avid pilot.
Joe treats every client with respect and integrity. Call today to set up an appointment with Joe in the Philadelphia or New Jersey Office.
Click Boxes to Expand
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Widener University School of Law Alumni Association – Director
- Pennsylvania Association for Gifted Education (PAGE) – Legal Advisor
- NBI – Special Education Laws Made Simple
Click here for PDF: Special Education Due Process Procedures Pennsylvania
Monday, December 14, 2015
Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West
4010 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131
- Pennsylvania Association for Gifted Education
Gifted Education Year in Review
2015 Page Conference
- Jenkins Law Library | Special Education Advocacy | Philadelphia, PA | 2/25/15
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Webinar Series: The Special Education Evaluation Process 11/23/14
- NBI – School Safety Law | admission: $359 | Philadelphia , PA | 12/8/14
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation; Symposium on Childhood Cancer
When: Saturday, August 2, 2014 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Where: 99 South 17th St., The Westin Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Special Education Law – Advocating for Your Child | admission: complimentary | 2/26/14
- Tools for Meeting Life’s Challenges | admission: complimentary | 11/16/13
- NBI- Special Education Laws Made Simple | admission $359.00/ticket | 12/6/13
- Special Education Advocacy (PA & NJ CLE Course) | Jenkins Law Library | admission $39.00 |
- Tools for Meeting Life’s Challenges | admission: complimentary | 11/17/12
Are you sick of your school district playing games?
contact Joe Montgomery now for your free consultation
- “The staff at Montgomery Law treat you like family. They are easy to reach by phone and email. This was not the experience I was expecting from a Law Firm. I can happily and honestly recommend Montgomery Law.”
- “For years without success we tried to get appropriate services for our child with special needs. But our attorney Joe Montgomery amicably and quickly settled our differences with the district. My child is finally going to get the services she needs to progress. We are so grateful!”
- Read More Testimonials Here