SPECIAL EDUCATION DUE PROCESS HEARING OFFICER
File: ODR No. 8397/07-08 KE
School District: Upper Perkiomen School District
Type of Hearing: Open
For the Student: Parent
Mark W. Voigt, Esq.
Law Office of Mark Voigt
Plymouth Meeting Executive Campus 600 West Germantown Pike, Suite 400 Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
For the School District: Supervisor of Special Education Upper Perkiomen School District 2229 East Buck Road Pennsburg, PA 18073
Amy T. Brooks, Esq.
Wisler, Pearlstine, Talone, Craig, Garrity & Potash, LLP 484 Norristown Road, Suite 100
Blue Bell, PA 19422
Hearing Dates: February 15, March 11, March 18, March 28, 2008
Receipt of Last Transcript: April 3, 2008
Date Hearing Closed: April 3, 2008
Decision Date: April 13, 2008
Student is a high school senior who plans to attend college next year. He complains that his IEPs have neither been appropriate nor implemented appropriately over the last two years. He seeks compensatory education as well as reimbursement for various privately secured evaluations. For the reasons described below, I find for the Student, but I do not award as much relief as requested.
- Whether or not Student’s current educational programming and placement are appropriate;
- Whether or not Student’s educational programming and placement for the past two years were appropriate;
- Whether or not the School District properly implemented Student’s educational programming and placement for the past two years;
- Whether or not Student’s parents are entitled to reimbursement of various privately secured evaluations; and
- Whether or not Student is entitled to 720 hours of compensatory education services.