Name of Child
Date of Birth
8165/07-08 AS ODR
December 11, 2007 and January 15, 2008
Dates of Hearings
February 6, 2008
Record Closed Open Hearing
Parties to Hearing
Mark Voigt, Esq.
Plymouth Meeting Executive Campus 600 West Germantown Pike, Suite 400 Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Director of Special Education Phoenixville Area School District 301 Gay Street
Phoenixville, PA 19460-4417
Sweet, Stevens, Katz & Williams 331 Butler Pike
PO Box 5069
New Britain, PA 18901
Dates Transcripts Received: December 24, 2007, January 21, 2008
Date of Decision: February 11, 2008
Kenneth Rose Hearing Officer
The student is a xx year-old resident of the school district. He transferred from a Charter School in grade 4. In November 2003 he was found eligible for special education as a student with a specific learning disability (SLD) in reading. Symptoms of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity (ADHD) were noted. Due to parental dissatisfaction with the student’s academic progress, the parent unilaterally placed the student in a private school, the [redacted] School, for the 2007-2008 school year.
1. Was the student provided FAPE for the 2005-2006 school year?
2. Was the student provided FAPE for the 2006-2007 school year?
3. Is the student due tuition reimbursement for 2007-2008 school year?
4. Is the student due compensatory education for 2005-2006 school year?
5. Is the student due compensatory education for 2006-2007 school year?
6. Is the student due compensatory education for 2007-2008 school year?
7. Is the parent entitled to transportation for 2007-2008 school year?