Due Process Hearing for Student
Date of Birth: xx/xx/xx
ODR File Number: 6772/06-07/AS
Dates of Hearing: April 19, 2006, May 11, 2006, September 19, 2006, October 13, 2006, November 14, 2006, December 1, 2006
Montgomery County IU/EI 1605 W. Main St. Norristown, PA 19403
Karl Romberger, Esq.
1250 S. Broad St., PO Box 431 Lansdale, PA 19446-0431
Liliana Y azno-Bartle, Esq. Grove Summit Office Park 607 A N. Easton Rd. Willow Grove, PA 19090
Date Transcript/Exhibits Received: December 11, 2006
Date of Closing Statements/Record Closure: December 21, 2006
Date of Decision: *January 9, 2007
Hearing Officer: Joy Waters Fleming, Esq. *By agreement of counsel
Student is currently xx years of age and receiving pre-school services through the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, “IU”. Student previously received services early intervention services and turned xx years of age a few weeks before the commencement of this due process hearing.
- Are Parents entitled to reimbursement for the behavioral assessment performed by Ms. M?
- Are Parents entitled to reimbursement for their privately funded ABA/VB home based program?
- Is the IU’s proposed program and placement appropriate although it does not specify consultation and training hours needed to conduct the ABA/VB home-based program?
- Does the IU’s proposal of a 16 week SIOT clinic with re-assessment after 12 weeks constitute FAPE to Student?
- Is the IU’s proposed program and placement appropriate although it does not provide DIR/Floortime to Student?
- Is Student entitled to compensatory education for therapies missed under the pendent IFSP?